Do Anxious Owners Make For Anxious Dogs?

Article

A study has shown that the personalities of dogs and their owners tend to be quite similar. One of the study's leaders, William Chopik, conducted an experiment in which owners evaluated their own personalities and their dogs' personalities. He found that many of the owners shared a majority of traits with their dog. Chopik further concluded that people usually gravitate towards pets that will easily fit into their routines, which is why they tend to be so similar. Then, the behaviors of the dogs' are morphed to coincide with the owners' behaviors even more closely.

Comments

  1. I knew that dogs and us, humans, were similar but not so much in the way of our personalities. This is honestly so fascinating and very interesting, makes me want to learn more if anything. I definitely need to start paying closer attention to my dogs now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very interesting that dogs and humans personalities can be alike from dogs mimicking the personalities of their owner. I'm curious to see what similarities I can find between my dog and I.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super cool and 5 can totally understand why people would want an animal that will be able to adapt to their environment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea dogs and human could share personality traits. That is very interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dual-fuel vehicles

Acid Zone in Chesapeake Bay Found