Is chocolate bad for the Environment?

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/03/180330105858.htm

A study done by the researches at The University of Manchester have been looking at the footprint of chocolate and how it affects the environment. They did this by looking at the impacts of the ingredients, manufacturing processes, packaging and waste. Their study shows that the UK chocolate industry produces about 2.1m tons of greenhouse gases a year! This is equivalent to the annual emission of the whole population of a city as large as Belfast. I thought this was really interesting the read.

Comments

  1. This is something that I have never thought of before. That chocolate making in the UK could have such a big impact on the environment but honestly I hope they never stop making chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the same article, and I'd have never though that chocolate (of all things) would affect the environment so negatively!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that this is a problem, and maybe they can find a better way to manufacture the chocolate to help their footprint. However, I believe if were to step in and help something, this should not be as big of a worry compared to other concerns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never thought that chocolate would be a problem for the environment. I agree though that this is a problem and there are other options for manufacturing , packing and waste. Who knew this would occur..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dual-fuel vehicles

Acid Zone in Chesapeake Bay Found