Vegetation Changes At Rate Similar to Post Ice Age Period
Noah Frack Scientist have discovered through the research of fossilized pollen samples that todays plant are changing at a rapid rate. This rate rivals that of plants at the end of the ice age retaking land the had previously been uninhabitable due to icy conditions. They adapted to the increase of temperatures by 10 degrees as the ice retreated to the poles. the changes of vegetation today have been correlated to the damages caused insensitive agriculture and creation of the earliest cities and civilizations. This research brings my mind to the true scale of the earth and simply how little an individual is compared to the lifetime of the earth. When thinking about it, if plant are just now seeming to show signs of evolution from the creation of the earliest cities and begging of mankind's domination of the earth, it brings the realization of how slow this process is. It puts into perspective the true scale of the cosmic universe. Simultaneously give me fear of what is to co...
So as I'm reading this article I am saying wow to myself. It is so inspiring to be seeing something done with things that are hurting our environment. Not only is he getting the crap out of our streets, but he is raising awareness and funds for the better of the environment. This was extremely interesting because it almost makes the reading think "oh, well if he's doing that, what can I do?"
ReplyDeleteI agree with you Jenna! After reading the article I also asked myself "What could I be doing?" This inspires me (and I'm sure many others) to go out and better my community/ environment by getting involved in creative ways.
DeleteSzaky's idea for reducing waste from packaging seems like a great idea. I have seen some products mentioned, like the backpacks made out of old packaging, in stores. However, I think utilizing packaging such as the stainless steel shampoo containers Szaky mentioned is an even better way to reduce waste. This article definitely takes a creative spin on reducing waste and helping the environment.
ReplyDelete