August Current Event

Lucas Santos
August Current Event


The floods in Houston caused hospitals to take precautions, including even evacuation. Hurricane Harvey drowned tens of thousands of laboratory animals and forced patient evacuations. This Hurricane also caused a lost of decades worth of research.
In my opinion, hurricane Harvey is one of the most tragic natural disasters I have ever witnessed. Watching the disaster on the news really shows  how awful it was. The streets are flooded to the point where people need to drive boats. Many houses have been destroyed and it's damage is an estimated 160 billion dollars. I feel very sorry for all of the people who were effected by this hurricane.












https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2017/08/27/houston-flooding-pushes-hospitals-act/606802001/

Comments

  1. So I never even turned a thought to the fact that the products of years of research could be lost in a hurricane. Obviously, research is halted and changed all of the time. I have heard about hundreds of natural disasters in my lifetime. I tend to only think about the human and property loss. Thanks for the change of perspective.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dual-fuel vehicles

Acid Zone in Chesapeake Bay Found