http://www.nationalgeographic.com/photography/proof/2017/08/houston-flooding-hurricane-harvey-video-spd/ This article is about a Texas native who is a photographer named Erin Trieb. She was visiting family in Houston when she was caught in the storm. In my opinion I think the people that stayed in Houston are crazy. You would think that Katrina would have given them a wake up call. You have insurance so your house can be repaired. You can't repair life. The people are crazy that stayed in Houston.
Vegetation Changes At Rate Similar to Post Ice Age Period
Noah Frack Scientist have discovered through the research of fossilized pollen samples that todays plant are changing at a rapid rate. This rate rivals that of plants at the end of the ice age retaking land the had previously been uninhabitable due to icy conditions. They adapted to the increase of temperatures by 10 degrees as the ice retreated to the poles. the changes of vegetation today have been correlated to the damages caused insensitive agriculture and creation of the earliest cities and civilizations. This research brings my mind to the true scale of the earth and simply how little an individual is compared to the lifetime of the earth. When thinking about it, if plant are just now seeming to show signs of evolution from the creation of the earliest cities and begging of mankind's domination of the earth, it brings the realization of how slow this process is. It puts into perspective the true scale of the cosmic universe. Simultaneously give me fear of what is to co...
I have mixed feelings about "should I stay or should I go" (The Clash, by the way). I wish I knew the specifics of local officials' advice. Since I don't, I can't judge. You never know what you'd do until you're in the situation yourself.
ReplyDeleteI think it could be hard for some people to simply pack up and leave, even if it's because of a hurricane. While I do believe with all the warnings people should have left, I can see why some might have stayed.
ReplyDelete