Do You Really Want to Live Forever?

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/crux/2018/08/08/how-immortal-animals-do-it/#.W83CpdNKjIX

This article talks about how some organisms can essentially live forever. Some of these animals include mole rats, Turritopsis dohrnii a species of jellyfish, and eastern box turtles. I find it cool how some organisms can essentially live forever. I'm curious as to why it certain organisms have this ability but others don't. I also hope humans never evolve to have this ability. 

Comments

  1. That's pretty cool that some organisms can live forever. I think that some might be able to and some might not be able to because of the way that their bodies can, or cannot, adapt to the environment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think its really neat that some organisms have the ability to live forever. Personally, I also agree that hopefully humans never evolve to live forever. I mean, look at the effect they have in the environment already. Imagine how it will be if humans could live forever. Yeah... not good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find it very intriguing that some organisms can live longer by preserving their DNA. I actually think it would be interesting if we could modify other organisms to have the same trait. Of course this could be a problem if it does work, people with more money could pay to have their pets made immortal, or even themselves. Morally it could be problematic, but scientifically it would be one of the greatest achievements in all of history.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I quite agree Aaliyah this is a very special ability and a very bad one as well a lot of people marvel at the ability to live forever but don't think about the consequences of it. It would be interesting to see how life would play out if we all had the ability though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dual-fuel vehicles

Acid Zone in Chesapeake Bay Found