Pooping Legos?!

https://www.livescience.com/64169-swallowing-and-pooping-legos-for-science.html

If you've ever heard somebody ask how long it takes to poop a brick, you're in luck. A scientific study recently took place where scientists in the UK and Australia swallowed the bodies of lego figures, then their heads. Weird folks, right? After letting nature run its course for a little while, they extracted the legos from their fecal matter. Roughly 10,000 people in America each year swallow whole foreign objects, such as legos, with 80 percent of them being children, requiring medical attention right away. In the end, the scientists found that swallowing legos is not harmful to an adult. They also discovered that when you swallow a rounded object, like a lego head, right after something on the sharper side, like a lego hand, helps to get the object through the body quicker and with more ease.
I never thought I would read an article for a high school science class about grownups swallowing legos, but I'm not mad that I did. It was actually interesting and not as gross as I thought it would be, surprisingly. Now I know that if an adult were to eat his or her offspring's legos, or their own (I dont judge), they'll be OK.

Comments

  1. This is a strange article, and i'm not sure how I feel about.... I myself would never eat legos but its cool others want too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a strange experiment. Eating something with a major choking hazard just to see if it isn't so serious to the body is weird.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dual-fuel vehicles

Acid Zone in Chesapeake Bay Found