Blog Post September, Ryan Heydt

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/how-bats-could-help-tomato-farmers-and-us-navy




I found this article interesting because I had no idea how sophisticated bats are.  I of course have heard the saying "blind as a bat" but I never knew that bats used echolocation for navigation and to find food, and also that humans could study the brain's of bats and use the same techniques to their advantage.  This article affects me because it could help farmers determine crop yields and also help the US navy advance their technology.

Comments

  1. This is a really cool article and a great way to use our advances in technology and knowledge to help with crops without any harm bats. As you said, I never would have thought bats would be used to improve crop yields and even help with US Navy technology by improving and cutting costs of sonar. Overall, I feel it is very cool that we can use bats as an inspiration to help improve our lives without even harming any bats in the process and simply using them to better our lives for the future.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dual-fuel vehicles

Acid Zone in Chesapeake Bay Found