Climate Change and Bumble Bees

Climate chang has been and still is currently believed to be a major cause to the downfall of certain animal species. Now bumble bees are at risk according to a team of Florida State University scientists. With the shortening winter season and extending flowering season, bumble bees are experiencing food shortages as there are more days with less than an abundance of food. This is interesting to me because with a longer flowering season, I thought came more food and prosperity. Instead, a longer flowering creates a more spread out flowering season and creates a long term shortage of food for the large population of bumble bees.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/09/170929093356.htm

Comments

  1. I found this article very interesting, I did not know that the climate change was harming the bees. I hope that the bee population does not decline any more because they are very important to our environment. I as well, found the same thing interesting, I learned some new things from this article.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dual-fuel vehicles

Acid Zone in Chesapeake Bay Found